Sunday, September 16, 2007

Ratatouille: Everyone Can Cook!

If you had a good sense of art, you’ll definitely love this movie. Good story, great pictures, impressive music, and of course delicious food! ^_^ There are just so many things we can learn from this movie. But I think the major theme is about courage. “Everyone can cook.” This phrase is repeatedly expressed in many ways.

For those who haven’t seen the movie, Ratatouille recounts a house rat named Remy who has a dream to become a chef in the city of France. The dream seems impossible, because he is just a rat. However, at the end Remy manages to be a chef despite the troubles he faces.

Ratatouille wonderfully illustrates how courage and perseverance are fully interrelated. I always love movies conveying the theme of courage. You may wonder why. I guess it is simply because my given name, Andreas, means “courageous”. ^_^ Yes! And you should know that having such a meaningful name has actually been sustaining me whenever I go through a sticky patch. Now I realize more that my spiritual mentor, Erick Sudharma, is absolutely right. He says that the most effective way to teach and to help your children to grow is by giving each of them a meaningful name. So, don’t simply choose any names for your newborn babies!

“Not everyone can be a good cook, but a good cook can come from anyone.”
Auguste Gesteau in Ratatouille

2 comments:

Layad said...

Everyone can cook, ya? Hehehehe... I have to keep that in mind.

When I'm home, I cook for my family cos they all have to go somewhere and I'm left in the house. But away from home is a different thing; I'd rather buy food than cook it =)

Anyway, I liked the movie; it was quite entertaining and full of moral lessons. I was glad that I watched it with you and Pei.

Anonymous said...

Everyone can cook!! omg thtas move inspired me.. now i more pay atatntion for cooking ^_^ i wish there i can meet remmy in real life.. lol joke :p

Perpanjangan SIM di Polres Bogor

Bagi yang berencana memperpanjang SIM di Polres Bogor (Kedung Halang), berikut ini saya bagikan langkah-langkah yang perlu Anda tempuh berd...