Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Meal Theology

I usually have my breakfasts, lunches, and dinners at the college’s dining hall. Meals are provided for those who stay in the student hostel. It is indeed very convenient for us. We don’t need to go out everyday for our meals, except on Sunday and public holidays. Because there will be no meal provided on Sundays and public holidays. Too bad…

On Sundays, some of the hostelites will go out together for dinner. Normally, I join them. However, if I spend almost the whole day in the church, I will not go with them. I prefer to take rest and to relax in my lovely room. ^_^ This has actually happened since the end of July until now. So, every Sunday I become a loner in the hostel. Hehehe… I enjoy it though...

Last Sunday, my best buddy here, Hwe Cher, did say something regarding this. He shared that having meal together actually keeps people close and makes people closer to each other. His statement made me think hard. As usual, I like to think. And sometimes I think too much hehehe I guess someone is smiling now. ;p

Anyway, I think his statement is true. To think back, I am able to have a close relationship with most of my brothers and sisters here in TTC through meals! I become closer to them because we often have meals together. I guess the chit-chats around the dining table are extremely significant. We have nurtured our relationships through having meals together! This is what I call as “the Meal Theology”. Meal helps to build a relationship. It helps to nurture a fellowship.

2 comments:

Andreas Pilipus said...

Hey, bule! How I wish I could have that kind of meal every Sunday! ^_^ It was actually Chinese New year Celebration dinner with some of my friends here.
Btw, good to meet you here! ^_^

Layad said...

Yes, of course. You think too much ya? Hehehehe...

But you are right, Bro, having meals together nurtures relationships. That's why you should come for supper with us, or better yet, treat us for dinner =) As they say, it's difficult to be enemies with people you feast with.

Blessings, Bro. Keep it coming!

Perpanjangan SIM di Polres Bogor

Bagi yang berencana memperpanjang SIM di Polres Bogor (Kedung Halang), berikut ini saya bagikan langkah-langkah yang perlu Anda tempuh berd...